Ask yourself. “What did you do right?”
The answer is : You probably did more than you thought. So let’s find out so we can reduce your stress level, at the very beginning.
Sit down with a pencil and paper (or your computer). And make a list of everything valuable that you remember that you own in your name (and/or if you have a partner/spouse, what s/he owns).
If you need a cheat sheet to help jog your memory, list the following:
- Your house or condo, if you have one.
- Every account you hold, such as a savings accounts, CDs, checking accounts, investment accounts.
- Every retirement account that you have, whether at a former employer, a present employer, or an IRA. There are lots of types of IRAs, Roth IRAs, SEP IRAs, Traditional IRAs. List all that you remember.We will get more specific when you are asked to ACT! on this.
- Do you have any right to a pension? Deferred compensation? Stock options?
- What do you think your Social Security benefits will be like?
So click on the ACT! Nav Button and scroll on down to Discover what you did right.